CME will close its Chicago trading floor at end-Friday
The CME Group will close its Chicago trading floor as of close of business Friday, March 13, 2020, as a precaution to reduce large gatherings. The floor will close indefinitely but Globex trade twill continue.
- CME group to close Chicago trading floor as a precaution.
- reopening of trading floor will be evaluated as more medical guidance on coronavirus becomes available.
- will close its Chicago trading floor as of close of business Friday, March 13, 2020, as a precaution to reduce large gatherings.
- no coronavirus cases have been reported on trading floor or in Chicago board of trade building.
- company’s headquarters will remain open.
- all products will continue to trade on CME Globex as they do today.
In other recent news, the CME raises crude oil future NYMEX raises margins by 13.4% to $4,650 per contract from $4,100 for April 2020.