Mainland China reports 19 new confirmed cases of coronavirus on March 9 vs 40 on March 8
Mainland China (MC) reports 19 new confirmed cases of coronavirus on March 9 vs 40 on March 8.
- MC reports 17 new coronavirus deaths on march 9 vs 22 on March 8.
- MC total number of confirmed coronavirus cases hits 80,754 as of end-March 9.
- MC's total number of coronavirus deaths reaches 3,136 as of end-March 9.
- China's Hubei province, the epicentre of coronavirus outbreak, reports 17 new deaths on march 9 vs 21 on March 8.
- Death toll from coronavirus outbreak in China's Hubei at 3,024 as of end-march 9.
Improvements in the data are encouraging for other nations now facing epidemics but there is a long road ahead of financial markets in the coronavirus saga. The yen is a keen focus currently carrying a safe-haven bid and the euro will be the markets attention drainer leading into the Europan Central Bank this week, with a weak eurozone economy now suffering an expensive single currency.