Feb 10, 2020
Forex Today: EUR the weakest near 2019 low
Here is what you need to know on Tuesday, February 11th:
- The EUR was the worst performer against the greenback this Monday, falling to a fresh 2020 low of 1.0908. For most major pairs it was a consolidative day, with the greenback and safe-haven assets retaining their strength amid persistent coronavirus concerns. The death toll is above 900, although the number of new cases reported decreased, shedding some light of hope.
- The GBP remained trapped between robust UK data and Brexit-related fears. PM Johnson said that if the EU doesn’t agree to a Canada-style deal, he will leave talks with the EU. GBP/USD fell to a fresh 2020 low of 1.2871.
- AUD/USD and USD/JPY closed the day unchanged, amid a cautious stance from investors.
- Gold prices were up, while government yields decline, a sign that speculative interest is still seeking for safety.
- Crude oil prices remained under selling pressure, WTI settled below $ 50.00 a barrel. Fears of reduced demand and uncertainty about future OPEC+ actions weighed on the commodity.
- Crypto Today: Bitcoin bulls retreat ahead of another big attempt at $10,000 break