Feb 3, 2020
Fed's Bostic: Fed's employment mandate, doing pretty well; inflation is lower than we'd like – Reteurs
Fed's Bostic says, on the Federal Reserve's employment mandate, "doing pretty well; inflation is lower than we'd like".
- Says PCE may be giving us a low-ball estimate of where inflation really is; all other metrics suggest it is almost right at target.
- Says Fed may want to look at a menu of inflation measures, not just the PCE.
- Says on both mandates we are performing pretty much close to target if not right on it.
- Trade tensions are still there, but trade deals may have put a floor under them.
- We won't see a tremendous pop from the resolution of trade deals.
More to come...