Breaking: Japanese data dump, Core CPI +0.7% YoY vs +0.8% poll
We are seeing Japan releases today in a flurry of data, including Tokyo Jan CPI and Dec industrial production. This is all comes in at month-end, so flows could be irregular. there has been no immediate reaction to the data.
- JAPAN DEC JOBS-APPLICANTS RATIO AT 1.57, UNCHANGED FROM NOV -GOVT (REUTERS POLL: 1.56)
- 30-Jan-2020 17:30:04 - JAPAN DEC SEASONALLY ADJUSTED JOBLESS RATE 2.2% - GOVT(REUTERS POLL: 2.3%)
- - TOKYO AREA JAN CORE CPI +0.7% YEAR/YEAR - GOVT (REUTERS POLL: +0.8%)
- 30-Jan-2020 17:30:11 - TOKYO AREA JAN OVERALL CPI +0.6％ YR/YR - GOVT
- 30-Jan-2020 17:30:14 - TOKYO AREA JAN CPI EXCLUDING FRESH FOOD, ENERGY PRICES +0.9% YR/YR - GOV
The Tokyo Consumer Price Index released by the Statistics Bureau is a measure of price movements obtained by comparison of the retail prices of a representative shopping basket of goods and services, excluding fresh food. The index captures inflation in Tokyo. The purchase power of JPY is dragged down by inflation. Generally a high reading is seen as positive for the JPY.
USD/JPY awaits fresh clues to take out 109.00 amid broad risk aversion
More to come...