Jan 28, 2020
Forex Today: First-tier even kick-starting in the Asian session
Here is what you need to know on Wednesday, January 29th:
- The greenback remained the strongest, in spite of a change in the market’s mood during US trading hour. Wall Street finished the day with substantial gains after a mixed Durable Goods Orders report and an upbeat CB Consumer Confidence Index.
- The US Federal Reserve will unveil its latest decision on monetary policy this Wednesday.
- EUR/USD fell to 1.0997, recovering just modestly with US stocks’ advance.
- GBP/USD priced 1.2973, regaining the 1.3000 level later in the day. BOE on Thursday and Brexit on Friday keep weighing on the Pound.
- The Aussie remained under pressure, settling around 0.6750 against the greenback. Australia will publish Q4 inflation data in the upcoming Asian session.
- Gold retreated sharply amid the better market mood. Spot settled at $1,570 a troy ounce
- Crude oil prices recovered modestly, still in the red for the week ahead of stockpiles data
- Crypto Today: Bitcoin must hold above $9000