Jan 23, 2020
Wall Street Close: Benchmarks mostly higher despite poor risk appetite
- US stocks were pulling themselves out of the doldrums on Thursday.
- Nasdaq Composite was edging to a record close.
Benchmark closing prices
- The Nasdaq COMP, +0.20% closed higehr by 19 points, or 0.2%, to end near 9,402, beating its previous 17 Jan record finish of 9,388.94.
- The S&P 500 SPX added around 4 points, or 0.1%, to end near 3,326.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average, or DJIA, was the laggard, ending around 26 points lower near 29,160, a loss of 0.1%.
More to come...after NZD CPI