Jan 15, 2019
UK PM May: Election would mean two more months of uncertainty and division
British Prime Minister Theresa May is delivering her speech before the House of Commons ahead of the critical Brexit vote.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Tonight we will determine whether we move forward with deal that honours Brexit vote.
- This is a historic decision which will set future of our country for generations.
- Second referendum would lead to further division.
- Do not believe British people voted to leave without a deal.
- Our deal delivers foundations for unprecedented economic relationship with EU.
- Choices facing us will not be changed by a general election.
- Election would mean two more months of uncertainty and division.
- No alternative deal exists.
- Government will work harder at taking Parliament with us over Brexit.
- Will be looking to work with Parliament on next phase of negotiations.