Jan 14, 2019
Fed's Clarida: Economy has good momentum; Fed can be 'very patient' this year
In an interview with Fox, Federal Reserve's Vice Chairman Richard Clarida said that he didn't see a recession on the horizon.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Not case that Fed policy is a headwind for U.S. Economy.
- Economy has good momentum; Fed can be 'very patient' this year.
- December rate hike was the right decision.
- FOMC will take policy decisions 'meeting by meeting'; some global data has been softening.
- Slowdown in global outlook not yet 'severe', but would tend to impact U.S. Exports.
- 'Won't hesitate' to adjust asset-portfolio runoff if needed.