Jan 14, 2019
UK PM May boosts Pound ahead of Brexit vote
UK PM May has spoken about her Brexit deal ahead of tomorrow's Parliamentary vote. Among the most relevant things she mentioned were:
- Government doesn't want to extend Art. 50.
- Despite criticism to her deal, nobody has come yet with an alternative plan.
- A no-deal will cause significant disruption in the UK.
- Government has secured valuable assurances from EU on Brexit deal.
- Will set out details of Brexit letters later today to MPs.
- Hopes MPs will now support her deal.
- GBP/USD now trading at around 1.2870, its highest in eight weeks.