AUD/USD Technical Analysis: Aussie challenging 0.7200 key resistance ahead of Fed’s Powell speech
AUD/USD Daily chart
- AUD/USD is trading in a bear trend below the 200 SMA.
- AUD/USD is challenging the 50 and 100 SMA near the 0.7200 figure
- Fed’s Powell is set to speak at 17.00 GMT and it this can have a strong impact on the currency markets.
AUD/USD 4-hour chart
- AUD/USD bulls have gained some positive momentum as they reclaimed the 200 SMA.
AUD/USD 30-minute chart
- AUD/USD is trading above its main SMAs and bulls are eager to break above the 0.7200 figure.
- However, in the absence of a breakout above the level USD bulls might take the lead and resume the main bear trend by targeting 0.7100 to the downside.
Additional key levels
Today Last Price: 0.7189
Today Daily change: 8.0 pips
Today Daily change %: 0.111%
Today Daily Open: 0.7181
Previous Daily SMA20: 0.7097
Previous Daily SMA50: 0.7189
Previous Daily SMA100: 0.7179
Previous Daily SMA200: 0.7336
Previous Daily High: 0.7194
Previous Daily Low: 0.713
Previous Weekly High: 0.7125
Previous Weekly Low: 0.6684
Previous Monthly High: 0.7394
Previous Monthly Low: 0.7014
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 0.717
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 0.7154
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 0.7143
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 0.7104
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 0.7079
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 0.7207
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 0.7232
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 0.7271