EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Euro bears eyeing 1.1500 figure ahead of Fed's Powell Speech
EUR/USD Daily chart
- EUR/USD is trading in a bear trend below the 200-period simple moving average (SMA).
- Bulls broke above the 1.1500 figure and the 100 SMA following dovish comments from Fed’s Bostic on Wednesday.
- Fed's Powell Speech at 17.00 GMT (Thursday) might lead to high volatility in the forex market.
EUR/USD 4-hour chart
- EUR/USD is trading above its main SMAs as bulls are challenging the 2019 highs.
EUR/USD 30-minute chart
- The 1.1540 and 1.1560 resistances are currently capping bullish advances as traders are testing the 50 SMA.
- Although bulls might give another try at the 1.1540-1.1560 resistances, EUR/USD bears are set to come back and initially drive the market to 1.1500 and then to 1.1440 and 1.1410 in the near future.
Additional key levels
Today Last Price: 1.1521
Today Daily change: -33 pips
Today Daily change %: -0.286%
Today Daily Open: 1.1554
Previous Daily SMA20: 1.1408
Previous Daily SMA50: 1.1381
Previous Daily SMA100: 1.1478
Previous Daily SMA200: 1.1635
Previous Daily High: 1.1558
Previous Daily Low: 1.1435
Previous Weekly High: 1.1586
Previous Weekly Low: 1.1309
Previous Monthly High: 1.1486
Previous Monthly Low: 1.1269
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 1.1511
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 1.1482
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 1.1473
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 1.1392
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 1.135
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 1.1597
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 1.1639
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 1.172