GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Cable sticks to the 1.2800 figure post-FOMC minutes
GBP/USD daily chart
- GBP/USD is evolving in a bear trend below the 200 SMA.
- GBP/USD is trading just above the 50 SMA.
- The FOMC minutes had only a limited impact on the currency markets.
GBP/USD 4-hour chart
- GBP/USD is testing the December and January highs as it trying to break above the 1.2800 figure.
GBP/USD 30-minute chart
- GBP/USD is trading above its main SMAs suggesting short-term bullish momentum.
- A break above the 1.2800 figure can lead to an acceleration to the 1.2900 level.
- On the flip side, bears will try to resume the main bear trend by targeting 1.2700 figure.
Additional key levels
Today Last Price: 1.2795
Today Daily change: 75 pips
Today Daily change %: 0.590%
Today Daily Open: 1.272
Previous Daily SMA20: 1.2672
Previous Daily SMA50: 1.2773
Previous Daily SMA100: 1.2896
Previous Daily SMA200: 1.3143
Previous Daily High: 1.2798
Previous Daily Low: 1.2706
Previous Weekly High: 1.2815
Previous Weekly Low: 1.2438
Previous Monthly High: 1.284
Previous Monthly Low: 1.2477
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 1.2741
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 1.2763
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 1.2685
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 1.265
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 1.2594
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 1.2777
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 1.2833
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 1.2868