USD/CAD Technical Analysis: Greenback is getting smashed ahead of the FOMC minutes
USD/CAD daily chart
- USD/CAD is trading in a bull trend above the 200 SMA.
- USD/CAD is trading just above the 100 SMA.
- The FOMC minutes are scheduled at 19:00 GMT and they will likely provide high volatility in the forex market.
USD/CAD 4-hour chart
- USD/CAD broke well below the 200 SMA.
USD/CAD 30-minute chart
- USD/CAD decided to break down and test the 1.3173 support.
- Since the main trend is bullish, USD buyers should come back with 1.3300 and 1.3360 as targets.
Additional key levels
Today Last Price: 1.3221
Today Daily change: -56 pips
Today Daily change %: -0.422%
Today Daily Open: 1.3277
Previous Daily SMA20: 1.3522
Previous Daily SMA50: 1.3348
Previous Daily SMA100: 1.3181
Previous Daily SMA200: 1.308
Previous Daily High: 1.3324
Previous Daily Low: 1.3268
Previous Weekly High: 1.3666
Previous Weekly Low: 1.338
Previous Monthly High: 1.4134
Previous Monthly Low: 1.316
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 1.3289
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 1.3302
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 1.3255
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 1.3233
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 1.3199
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 1.3311
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 1.3345
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 1.3367