Jan 7, 2019
Fed's Bostic: Government shutdown’s impact could become 'more material' if it endures
Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic is now on the wires, delivering the key remarks found below.
- US economy looks ‘pretty solid’.
- Market volatility attributed to uncertainty over trade policy, global economic 'clouds'.
- Expects government shutdown to have ‘small aggregate impact’ on economy if it 'stays short'.
- Government shutdown’s impact could become 'more material' if it endures.
- Lack of government data during shutdown makes it harder for Fed to do its job.