Jan 4, 2019
US Pres. Trump: We will not be reopening government until border issue is solved
Additional comments from U.S. President Donald Trump continue to cross the wires as he speaks to reporters following his meeting with congressional leaders over the government shutdown.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Says he is prepared for shutdown to go on for months or years, but he does not think it will.
- Says he hopes U.S. Government can reopen in a few days.
- We think negotiations can go very quickly.
- We will not be reopening U.S. government until border issue is solved.
- So-called dreamers were part of discussions with congressional leaders on border, shutdown.