Jan 4, 2019
Fed's Powell: 2018 was a good year for US economy
Jerome Powell, Chairman of the Federal Reserve System, is now delivering a speech at a conference organised by the American Economic Association in Atlanta.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- 2018 was a god year for US economy.
- Data suggest momentum in 2019.
- Saw ‘strong jobs data’.
- Data doesn’t raise concerns on inflation.
- ISM data is now at a level consistent with moderate growth.
- Worth ‘keeping an eye’ on drop in ISM.
- Financial markets are sending downside risk signals.