Fed's Kaplan: Favours Fed taking no rate action in first couple of quarters
Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan, speaking to Bloomberg TV this Thursday, was noted saying that financial conditions have tightened and that he favours the Fed taking no further rate action until issues resolved.
• Markets are reacting to global growth deceleration.
• We should be watching markets very carefully.
• His forecast for US GDP growth has come down a bit.
• Yield curve also has an effect on my forecasts.
• Trade tensions said to have exacerbated China growth outlook.