Dec 28, 2018
Germany: Annual CPI (preliminary) drops to 1.7% in December vs 1.9% expected
"The inflation rate in Germany as measured by the consumer price index is expected to be 1.7% in December 2018," the Destatis reported on Friday.
Key takeaways from the press release
- Compared with November 2018, consumer prices are expected to increase by 0.1%.
- Based on the results available so far, the Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) also reports that, on an annual average, the inflation rate is expected to stand at 1.9% in 2018.
- In December 2018, the harmonised index of consumer prices for Germany, which is calculated for European purposes, is expected to increase by 1.7% year on year.
- Compared with November 2018, it is expected to be up 0.3%.
- On an annual average, the harmonised index of consumer prices is expected to increase by 1.9% in 2018 compared with 2017.