Dec 21, 2018
Fed’s Williams: We are very attuned to downside risks
Additional comments from New York Fed President Williams' interview with CNBC continue to cross the wires.
- We are very attuned to downside risks.
- Fundamental difference between Fed, markets may be around emphasising downside risks, not about ‘who’s right or wrong’.
- Hearing concerns about what tariffs mean for economy.
- Not yet seeing direct effects of higher us tariffs but concerns do remain.
- Outlook for global growth has become somewhat slower.
- Expects ‘quite strong’ job growth in 2019.
- Expects ‘above’ trend us growth, solid wage gains in 2019.