Dec 21, 2018
Fed's Williams: Something like two rate hike in 2019 make sense in context of strong economy
Additional comments from New York Fed President Williams' interview with CNBC continue to cross the wires.
- Expects inflation to be around 2pct next year.
- Expects economic growth to slow a bit next year.
- Something like two rate hike in 2019 make sense in context of strong economy.
- But Fed to adjust its views based on data, outlook.
- Interests rates are primary policy tool, could reconsider balance sheet plan if there is material deterioration in economic outlook.
- No decision yet to change balance sheet normalization plan; but will have eyes ‘wide open’ in new year.