Dec 21, 2018
Fed's Williams: Use of ‘judges’ in FOMC statement suggests more open to adjustments to policy path
Additional comments from New York Fed President Williams' interview with CNBC continue to cross the wires.
- Expects to continue trimming balance sheet assuming economy remains on expected path.
- Use of ‘judges’ in FOMC statement suggests more open to adjustments to policy path.
- Plan to stay on path assumes economy stays strong.
- Concerns about global growth, China contributing to market volatility.
- We are ‘very attuned’ to possibility that outlook may change in coming months.