Dec 21, 2018
Fed's Williams: Further rate hikes are not a commitment or a promise
In an exclusive interview with CNBC, New York Fed President Williams said that further rate hikes were neither a promise or a commitment.
- We are ready to reassess and reevaluate our views.
- We are listening carefully to markets.
- Expect a healthy economy in 2019.
- We have about 3pct growth this year, jobless rate is low.
- Moving to more data-dependent mode on policymaking.
- Markets signalling some risks to outlook.