BoJ's Kuroda: Risks are tilted to the downside
Risks are tilted to the downside and are centred overseas, said BoJ Governor Haruhiko Kuroda at the post-meeting press conference this Thursday.
• Upward momentum in prices remains intact.
• Need to monitor risks posed by US-China trade friction.
• If trade protectionism prolongs, would have a broad impact on the global economy.
• Will consider further easing as appropriate if price momentum is undermined.
• Will make the appropriate decision when more easing is needed.
• Those options include lowering short, long-term rates, buying more assets and expanding the monetary base.