Dec 18, 2018
UK PM May's spokesman: Citizens should prepare for no deal Brexit
British Prime Minister Theresa May's spokesman is now out on the wires, delivering the key quotes found below.
- Cabinet of senior ministers agreed that delivering PM’s Brexit deal is the top priority and best no deal mitigation.
- Cabinet agreed we have now reached the point where need to ramp up no deal preparations.
- Citizens should also prepare for no deal Brexit.
- Further detailed advice for citizens on no deal will be issued in coming weeks.
- Government will provide information to all businesses and traders on how to prepare for potential changes at the border.
- Leaving with a deal remains most likely scenario.
- Government will now implement no deal plans in full.
- Plans include securing space on ships for supplies such as medicines.
- There are a number of pieces of legislation would need to pass through parliament to be ready for no deal.