Incoming ECB member Wunsch: ECB can delay rate hikes if economy slows more than expected
The ECB can delay rate hikes if growth slows more than expected, says the incoming policymaker Pierre Wunsch, who will replace Jan Smets as Belgian central bank Governor in Jan. 2019 and also sit on the ECB's governing council.
• The decision will be driven by economic data.
• ECB has stopped QE and the message is relatively clear.
• If growth still slows, will keep low-interest rates for a longer period.
• It will be dependent on what we see in the economy.
• Too early to talk about TLTROs.