US: Retail sales increased 0.2% in November vs 0.2% expected
The U.S. Census Bureau announced advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for November 2018 and below are some of the key takeaways from the report released this Friday.
• Advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for November 2018 were $513.5 billion, an increase of 0.2 percent from the previous month, and 4.2 percent above November 2017.
• Total sales for the September 2018 through November 2018 period were up 4.3 percent from the same period a year ago.
• The September 2018 to October 2018 percent change was revised from up 0.8 percent to up 1.1 percent.
• Retail trade sales were up 0.3 percent from October 2018, and 4.0 percent above last year.
• Nonstore Retailers were up 10.8 percent from November 2017, while Gasoline Stations were up 8.2 percent from last year.