US: Annual core CPI at 2.2% y/y in November vs 2.1% previous and 2.2% expected
"The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) was unchanged in November on a seasonally adjusted basis after rising 0.3 percent in October," the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
• Over the last 12 months, the all items index increased 2.2 percent before seasonal adjustment.
• The all items less food and energy index increased 0.2 percent in November.
• The all items index increased 2.2 percent for the 12 months ending November, compared to a 2.5-percent increase for the period ending October.
• The all items less food and energy index rose 2.2 percent in November.
• The energy index increased 3.1 percent for the 12 months ending November; this was its smallest 12-month increase since the period ending June 2017.