SPD's Schulz: I have not given green light for another SPD/Conservative coalition
I have not given green light for another SPD/Conservative coalition, says Social Democrats (SPD) leader Martin Schulz during an interview with a German weekly news magazine, Der Spiegel.
• Broad consensus in SPD not to rule out any government options
• A Conservative/SPD government not automatic
• Germany's European policy must change
• Positive response to Macron's European reforms will be key element in coalition talks
• Joint European tax policy should be introduced, and also EU finance minister
Schulz's comments now seems to have raised skepticism over the recent grand coalition hype but did little to have any meaningful impact on the shared currency.