Nov 28, 2017
Fed’s Kashkari: would like the Fed to hold off on tightening until inflation was above 2%
Fed’s Kashkari is speaking on a panel at Winona State University's Town Hall Forum, in Minnesota. Fed’s Kashkari is a voting member and a dove.
Comments as follows:
- Right now Fed does not see signs of an impending correction that will lead to a terrible crisis.
- Doesn't think that raising interest rates to bring down the stock market is a good idea.
- Sees no reason to tap the brakes on the economy.
- Sees no reason to raise rates when inflation continues to run low.
- Trump is making thoughtful, reasonable appointments to Fed Board.
- He is positive about how Fed staffed and where it is heading.
- Would like the Fed to hold off on tightening until inflation was above 2% and that the hikes may have slowed the recovery.