EU’s Barnier: Brexit means UK financial services providers will lose their EU passport
Speaking at Centre for European Reform in Brussels, the European Union's chied Brexit negotiation, Michel Barnier was noted saying that EU must continue having a close relationship with the UK.
• Brexit could prove a turning point in European project
• Agreement on orderly withdrawal is the key for close ties
• UK will lose benefits of the single market
• Brexit means Brexit for financial services
• UK financial services providers will lose their EU passport
• EU is ready to offer its most ambitious trade agreement to the UK