Nov 17, 2017
Fed's Williams - Should raise rates to 2.5 percent over next couple of years
More comments from Fed's Williams are crossing the wires via LiveSquawk-
- Fed should raise rates to about 2.5 percent over the next couple of years.
- Reasonable to hike rates in December and follow that with three hikes in 2018
- Low inflation, in a way, is lucky, it allows economy to continue to grow strongly.
- Inflation likely to pick uo over the next couple of year, if not, then the Fed will rethink rate path.
- What really matters is gradually moving rates back to normal and not the exact timing.
- Still one more month to gather data before the next Fed meeting.