ECB's Hansson: we feel more confident that Euro-zone inflation will reach desired levels
European Central Bank (ECB's) Governing Council member Ardo Hansson is out on the wires now noting that there is scope for some prudent recalibration of ECB policies, due to stronger economy.
• Output gap in Euro-zone should be closing relatively quickly.
• Short-term economic risks are to upside
• Don't see robust pick-ip in inflation but it is rising due to monetary policy measures
• We feel more and more confident that Euro-zone inflation will reach desired levels
• Can't make stance of policy just dependent on asset purchases, we are not looking only at that