OctaFX | OctaFX Forex Broker
Open trading account
Back

US Tax Update: still awaiting details from the Senate

Analysts at Nomura explained that the Senate Finance Committee has so far released only top-line talking points on its tax reform bill; details could be released at any time.

Key Quotes:

"Even with only the top-line talking points, the Senate tax plan differs from the House version in a number of material ways which we describe below."

"Separately, the House Ways & Means Committee voted the House tax reform bill out of committee, setting the stage for a full House floor vote next week. Overall, Congressional Republicans have maintained their timeline and momentum so far in this process."

"Nonetheless, passing complex and controversial legislation in the Senate will remain challenging, and we continue to assign a 60% probability of a simple tax package passing in Q1, a 20% likelihood of full-scale reform (similar to what the House and Senate are currently proposing) and a 20% likelihood of no tax package passing at all."

AUD/USD: awaits RBA's Statement on Monetary Policy, leaning bearishly

AUD/USD was offered on the back of the US stocks falling and the Aussie dropped from 0.7694 to 0.7650 overnight. By the close, the Aussie was partly r
Read more Previous

Market wrap: Global equites were lower overnight - ANZ

Analysts at ANZ explained that global equites were lower overnight with the USD declining and European yields sharply higher.  Key quotes: "Oil and
Read more Next
Start livechat