OctaFX | OctaFX Forex Broker
Open trading account
Back

EUR/USD little changed ahead of European open

FXStreet (Edinburgh) -The single currency keeps its daily range vs. the greenback on Friday, taking EUR/USD to the 1.0950/40 band so far.

EUR/USD ignores German CPI

German final CPI figures for the month of November passed largely unnoticed today, showing consumer prices tracked by the CPI have risen 0.4% on a yearly basis and 0.3% YoY when gauged by the broader HICP, matching the preliminary readings.

In the meantime, spot keeps the consolidative pattern around the mid-1.0900s while the lack of direction continues to prevail in the global markets.

In the data space, Retail Sales will take centre stage across the pond, seconded by the Consumer Sentiment gauged by the Reuters/Michigan index.

EUR/USD levels to consider

At the moment the pair is up 0.01% at 1.0948 facing the next hurdle at 1.0973 (55-day sma) followed by 1.1063 (high Dec.9) and then 1.1124 (61.8% Fibo of 1.1496-1.0524). On the other hand, a breach of 1.0895 (38.2% Fibo of 1.1496-1.0524) would aim for 1.0524 (low Dec.3) and finally 1.0519 (low Apr.13).

Unusually strong Australia’s labour force data raises eyebrows – Goldman Sachs

Research Team at Goldman Sachs, suggests that the Australia’s November labour market update was exceptionally strong.
Read more Previous

US retail sales and UK construction output data in focus today – Lloyds Bank

Nikesh Sawjani, Financial Economist at Lloyds Bank, lists down the key economic releases for the day.
Read more Next
Start livechat