OctaFX | OctaFX Forex Broker
Open trading account
Back

EUR/JPY keeps highs near 133.60

FXStreet (Edinburgh) - The Japanese yen keeps depreciating vs. its G10 peers at the end of the week, now sending EUR/JPY to the area of session highs around 133.60.

EUR/JPY indifferent to German CPI

In spite of today’s advance, the pair continues to navigate the lower bound of the weekly range, coming down from post-ECB peaks near 134.60 albeit finding decent support in the mid-132.00s for the time being.

Data wise in Euroland, markets have largely bypassed German CPI for the month of November, matching the preliminary prints.

EUR/JPY significant levels

The cross is up 0.26% at 133.41 facing the next hurdle at 134.15 (200-day sma) ahead of 134.56 (100-day sma) and then 135.47 (61.8% Fibo of 139.09-129.61). On the other hand, a break below 133.23 (38.2% Fibo of 139.09-129.61) would aim for 131.84 (23.6% Fibo of 139.09-129.61) and finally 129.72 (low Nov.25).

US: Action packed day with focus on retail sales – Danske Bank

Research Team at Danske Bank, suggests that there are plenty of data releases in US session but the focus will be on the US retail sales in November.
Read more Previous

BOJ sees no need to change its policy framework of anchoring 2% inflation

The latest headlines from the Bank of Japan (BOJ) state, the central bank sees no need to change its policy framework of anchoring 2% inflation based on total CPI, despite a suggestion that excluding energy prices might make for a better gauge.
Read more Next
Start livechat