OctaFX | OctaFX Forex Broker
Open trading account
Back

EUR/GBP sidelined around 0.72, focus on PMIs

FXStreet (Edinburgh) - The sharp sell off in the single currency following the ECB meeting on Thursday has dragged EUR/GBP to test fresh lows in the boundaries of 0.7200 the figure.

EUR/GBP weaker post-ECB, eyes on PMIs

Market expectations of a dovish tone from Mario Draghi at his press conference on Thursday were undoubtedly fulfilled, prompting the cross to give away more than a big-figure and return to the 0.7200 neighbourhood, levels last seen in late September.

While markets continue to digest the recent ECB gathering, the focus of attention will turn to the preliminary prints of manufacturing and services PMIs in Euroland for the month of October.

EUR/GBP relevant levels

As of writing the cross is losing 0.06% at 0.7212 facing the next support at 0.7194 (low Sep.22) followed by 0.7149 (38.2% Fibo of 0.6935-0.7496) and then 0.7100 (psychological level). On the other hand, a breakout of 0.7281 (61.8% Fibo of 0.6935-0.7496) would expose 0.7378 (high Oct.21) and finally 0.7475 (downtrend from 0.7875).

Morgan Stanley: Checking in on our USD correction call – eFXnews

The eFXnews Team, shares Morgan Stanley’s assessment that ECB President Draghi successfully batted down the EUR by stating (a) policy needs to be re-examined in December and (b) further deposit rate cuts are firmly on the table, notes Morgan Stanley.
Read more Previous

Bullish print added to the EUR/SEK chart

Bullish print added to the EUR/SEK chart
Read more Next
Start livechat