OctaFX | OctaFX Forex Broker
Open trading account
Back

USD/CHF plummets to 0.9520

FXStreet (Edinburgh) - The sell-off in the greenback continues unabated on Wednesday, now sending USD/CHF to daily lows in the 0.9525/20 band.

USD/CHF drops further on US data

The pair has seen its downside intensified after the disappointing results from the US retail sales during September, advancing below expectations at a monthly pace of 0.1%.

The pair keeps the bearish tone this week so far, retreating for the second consecutive session to levels last seen in late August in the 0.9520 region.

Previously in Switzerland, the ZEW Survey – Expectations came in at 18.3 for the current month, up from September’s 9.7, while the Fed is expected to publish the Beige Book later in the NA session.

USD/CHF relevant levels

As of writing the pair is losing 0.45% at 0.9535 facing the next support at 0.9501 (38.2% Fibo of 0.9906-0.9251) followed by 0.9399 (uptrend from May low) and then 0.9251 (low Aug.24). On the other hand, a breakout of 0.9656 (61.8% Fibo of 0.9906-0.9251) would open the door to 0.9695 (55-day sma) and finally 0.9726 (downtrend from September high).

Fed rate hike bets dropped after US retail sales report

The probability of a 25 basis points rate dropped across the board after the US retail sales report missed expectations on all fronts.
Read more Previous

United States Business Inventories below forecasts (0.1%) in August: Actual (0%)

United States Business Inventories below forecasts (0.1%) in August: Actual (0%)
Read more Next
Start livechat