Download Metatrader 4 for all device versions
Download Metatrader 4 on your phone
- Metatrader 4 Web-platform
Metatrader 4 Web-platform
MT4 web platform allows you to trade from any browser on any operating system with a well-known interface of a desktop platform. All major tools are available including one click trading and chart trading.
Metatrader 4 Desktop
Metatrader 4 is highly customisable. It includes charting tools, market indicators, scripts and EAs, advanced risk management, real time market execution and more.
Metatrader 4 Android
Enjoy a complete set of trade orders, trading history, interactive charts and the widest variety of supported devices - all that is MetaTrader 4 for Android. Wherever you are and whatever you do, Forex will always be with you!
Metatrader 4 iOS
Widespread trading software is now available for your iPhone/iPad. Login to your account and have the opportunity to trade on Metatrader 4 from anywhere in the world via your iOS device.
THE MOST POPULAR FOREX TRADING PLATFORM
Metatrader 4 (MT4) provides robust technology and high security to enable traders to choose Forex or CFD positions without worrying about the stability of the platform. It offers instruments to follow price fluctuations, identify trend patterns through charts and graphs, and also deploy automated trading techniques to manage trades.Calculate your profit
Why Choose Metatrader 4?
This electronic trading platform is used by new and experienced traders alike. It’s trusted by individual traders as well as large introducing brokers and trading companies. It offers excellent trading and analytical tools, and is flexible enough to implement simple as well as highly complex trading strategies. The platform supports trading in Forex, CFDs and cryptocurrencies.CFD trading
At OctaFX, we provide our clients with the MT4 platform to enable them to carry out their trading activities efficiently and with complete peace of mind. We also offer educational material, as well as MT4 Demo accounts, so they can practice risk-free trading.How to start trading on Metatrader 4/5
Easier Trading with Metatrader 4
- Flexibility: There are several choices of currency pairs to trade in, as well as cryptocurrencies and CFDs.
- User-friendly: MT4 has a user-friendly interface that is suitable for traders of all levels.
- Customisation: Develop your own Expert Advisors (EAs) and technical indicators on Metatrader 4, to match your trading needs and practices. Windows and charts can be arranged for each profile according to your preferences.
- Efficiency: MT4 doesn’t slow down the performance of your PC or mobile, keeping disruption to a minimum.
- Charting tools: Advanced charting tools help analyze the technical aspects of the market.
- Expert Advisors: Trading robots enable the automation of trades and access to the platform’s algorithmic trading benefits.
- Language: The platform is available in multiple languages.
Learn how to start trading on MT4
Metatrader 4 Offers Enhanced Security
The MT4 platform offers the highest security standards to protect traders’ funds. The client terminal and platform servers exchange data through encrypted servers, and the platform uses RSA digital signatures. Your IP address also remains protected.
Moreover, alongside MetaTrader 4 security, OctaFX provides it’s own measures taking fund security to the next level:
- Segregated accounts: As per international regulatory standards, OctaFX keeps customers' funds separate from the company's balance sheets.
- SSL-protected personal area: Customers’ personal data and financial transactions are protected with 128-bit encryption, making browsing safe and client data inaccessible to any third party.
- Account verification: OctaFX encourages customers to verify their account by submitting a personal ID scan and proof of address to ensure transactions are authorised and secured.
- Secure withdrawal rules: Withdrawals require email confirmation and customers are encouraged to use the same payment details for both deposits and withdrawals.
- 3D Secure Visa authorisation: 3D secure technology is used for processing credit and debit cards.
- Advanced protection: OctaFX ensures the technical environment is monitored 24/7 by a dedicated team of security engineers and technical specialists.
Metatrader 4: OS and Device Compatibility
Metatrader 4 is available as a web platform that’s compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac OS. MT4 can also be accessed from a smartphone or tablet, whether it has an iOS or Android operating system. Trade anytime and anywhere, and have access to trading information 24 hours a day, even while you’re traveling or on vacation. It is super-easy to download and install the terminal on any compatible device.How to install MT4 on Mobile
How to install MT4 on Desktop
Metatrader 4: Trade Execution Modes
An order is an instruction to perform a trade. There are three trade execution modes on the MT4 platform:
Execution by Market: Your order opens a position at the latest price, even if there’s a deviation from what is visible on the platform. This results in much faster execution of orders, as it doesn’t involve requotes.*
*Supported by OctaFX
- Instant Execution: The system tries to execute your order using the current price on the platform. If the exchange rate changes while the order is being processed, a requote option becomes available, which the trader can accept or reject.
- Execution on Request: Prices are requested before the order is placed. Once the exchange rates come in, order execution can be confirmed or rejected.
Metatrader 4: Сharting Tools for Technical Analysis
Metatrader 4 offers advanced charting capabilities to determine entry and exit points with technical analysis, which uses historical price and volume data to help make predictions. It’s also possible to send trading orders straight from the chart.How to perform technical analysis of Forex Market
By default, MT4 opens with four charts, each representing a unique currency pair. On the left of the charts is the Market Watch window, with two tabs. The Symbols tab shows a list of currency pairs with their bid and ask prices, while the Tick Charts tab shows the real-time price activity of chosen currency pairs. Below this is the Navigator window, where traders can view their account(s), indicators and Expert Advisors.
The appearance of the charts can be customised. Each currency pair on the chart can be seen in nine different timeframes (including one minute, five minutes, one hour, daily, weekly, monthly). Graphical objects can be included in the charts, such as shapes (rectangle, triangle, ellipse), arrows and text.How to use Autochartist MetaTrader plugin
Chart types include:
The most basic, showing closing prices.
Shows open, high, low and closing prices.
The most popular, showing open, high, low and closing prices, including high and low prices for each period. Bullish and bearish candlestick charts are usually displayed in two different colours.
Charting tools help identify trends and support and resistance levels for price forecasting.
- Trend: This is the most basic technique in technical analysis. It helps identify the direction of market movement, with the two major market trends being uptrend and downtrend.
- Support and resistance: This allows determination of when and in which direction to open a position, and gives an indication of the potential profit (or loss).
The MT4 platform offers 30 inbuilt technical analysis indicators, to make calculations based on price movements. These indicators allow prediction or confirmation of trends, patterns and support and resistance levels. They are categorised within types, such as Trends, Oscillators, Volumes and Custom. Once selected, the indicator appears on the chart. A trader can choose from a range of available indicators, download a custom indicator, or create their own.
Metatrader 4 Automated Trading
Metatrader 4 Automated Trading
The MT4 platform allows automated trading. A trader can develop his own set of rules for trade entries and exits with the help of automated trading robots (Expert Advisors), which helps avoid instinctual blunders while trading. As the system trades mechanically, based on predetermined conditions, a trader’s performance won’t be affected by second-guessing and losses. Trades are also automatically executed with faster reaction times, leading to lower chances of slippage costs.
Expert Advisor (Trading Robots) in Metatrader 4
Expert Advisor (Trading Robots) in Metatrader 4
An Expert Advisor (EA) can help traders make more informed decisions. They can be programmed into the platform to automatically execute trades on a live platform. EAs are written in a proprietary programming language called MetaQuotes Language Version 4. These flexible software utilities can assimilate all the information available on the platform to conduct market analysis and Forex trading. This means it’s possible to develop, test and apply EAs to eliminate obstacles in analytical trading activities.
OctaFX offers automated trading using an Expert Advisor to place buy or sell orders with specific market conditions, typically based on price movements and technical indicators. Automated trading helps traders to enter and exit positions much faster than with manual trading.How to start trading in 4 easy steps
Market volatility presents several attractive profit-making opportunities when you use Forex robots that provide greater accuracy in Forex and CFD trading. For this, the EA is programmed to monitor fluctuations in various currencies and automatically enter and exit market orders with trading logic used in the trading system. The EA is programmed to trade only when the predetermined trading indicators are reached.
OctaFX offers Forex robots for scalping, based on advanced algorithms and trading strategies. Market volatility presents several attractive profit-making opportunities when you use Forex robots that provide greater accuracy in Forex and CFD trading. For this, the EA is programmed to monitor fluctuations in various currencies and automatically enter and exit market orders with trading logic used in the trading system. The EA is programmed to trade only when the predetermined trading indicators are reached.Learn more about CFD Trading
FREE Metatrader 4 Demo Account from OctaFX with Unlimited Access
Opening a Metatrader 4 Demo account is the best way for a new trader to check out the platform, get familiar with the tools and learn trading techniques. The account works like a live account, except that it allows you to trade with virtual money rather than real money. Experienced traders often use Metatrader 4 Demo accounts to test new trading strategies before application in real trading.
Trading Cryptocurrencies on Metatrader 4
OctaFX offers an easy entry into the crypto world. Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin are available on the Metatrader 4 platform.
Leverage: Trade with 1:2 leverage, which gives the flexibility of buying twice as much cryptocurrency. It’s important to remember, however, that leverage also increases risk exposure, while enhancing profit potential.Learn more about Cryptocurrency trading
Low Entrance Costs:
Begin trading Bitcoin (BTC) with as low as $50 in your account.
How to Add Cryptocurrencies to Metatrader 4
It’s easy to add cryptocurrencies to your list of instruments on the MT4 platform. Simply right-click on the list of symbols. Go to the ‘show all’ option, and cryptocurrencies will become visible.
There’s no need to have an e-wallet and look for a better exchange rate.How to trade Cryptocurrency
|Execution||No delays||0$||1 sec delay||-150$|
|Swap||No swaps||0$||2 pips||-60$|
|Spread||0.5 pips||-15$||2.7 pips||-81$|
|Slippage||No slippage||0$||-5 pips||-150$|
|Order profit||30 pips||+900$||30 pips||900$|
OctaFX Metatrader 4 Features
At OctaFX, we strive to offer the best trading conditions. The focus is on making trading easy and more profitable for traders.
- Lowest spreads in the industry: Starting as low as 0.4 pips
- Low cost: No commissions
- Low minimum deposit requirement: Start trading with as little as $50
- Bonus deposits: Get up to 50% bonus on each deposit
- Wide range of instruments: 28 currency pairs, gold and silver, 4 indices and 3 cryptocurrencies
- High leverage: Up to 1:500 for currencies, 1:200 for metals, 1:2 for cryptocurrencies
- Volume options: Minimum of 0.01 lot size, unlimited maximum
- High precision: 5 digits
- Several options: Hedging, Scalping, Expert Advisors, CFD Trading
- No swaps: No need to pay swaps on orders held overnight
Islamic Account to Trade Forex on Metatrader 4
For MT4 traders, OctaFX offers the industry’s best Islamic accounts.
- Highly trusted: OctaFX has been named Best Islamic Account Forex Broker by ForexTraders.com
- 100% Shariah compliant: No need to pay interest on your positions held overnight
- Easy: Simply check the ‘Swap Free’ box when opening your account
- Convenient: Option is available for all account types, so you can trade without swaps on any account of your preference