Download MetaTrader 5 for your device
Download MetaTrader 5 on your phone
- Web Trader
MetaTrader 5 Web-platform
Trade Forex and CFDs with the MetaTrader 5 web platform without installing or downloading any software application. You can trade on the Forex market with any browser and operating system with an internet connection. Access your trading account with MetaTrader 5 web platform right now.
MetaTrader 5 Desktop
Download MetaTrader 5 and start trading Forex and CFDs with amazing functionality, technical and fundamental market analysis, copy trading and automated trading features incorporated into this platform. This version offers a diversity of order types and execution modes.
MetaTrader 5 Android
Download MetaTrader 5 on your Android or tablet and trade currencies with CFDs. MetaTrader 5 is available for Android allowing you to trade and check your account from wherever you are. Using your smartphone or tablet you can access the main features of the platform.
MetaTrader 5 iOS
The new MetaTrader 5 platform offers mobile online trading on the Forex market.Trade Forex and CFDs directly from your iPhone and iPad! This new application allows you to connect to OctaFX servers, receive currency quotes, analyze financial markets using charts and technical indicators, trade and view the history of your trading operations.
The Next Generation Trading Platform to Replace MT4
MetaTrader 5, or MT5, is a next-gen multi-asset trading platform that will replace MT4 in the very near future. Its back-testing functions are not only faster than those of MT4, but it also allows simultaneous multi-pair testing. A similar graphical interface to MT4 will help you get used to the platform quickly, while unique MT5 integration with centralised exchange enables traders to trade commodities and indices in addition to Forex.Calculate your profit with OctaFX MT5
Why Choose MetaTrader 5?
MetaTrader 5 (MT5), besides simply offering more than MT4 does, also includes features and trading functionalities that are better than many other online trading platforms available today. With MT5, MetaQuotes Software has increased the number of technical analysis tools available, along with more charting and timeframe options. Problems like limited types of pending orders and inability to segregate or get a quick ask/buy with a few clicks have been eliminated, making trading easier and slicker through additional for-traders features.CFD trading
Easier Trading with MetaTrader 5
- More Pending Order Types: Traders can place eight types of pending orders to get more precise control over open positions.
- Cryptocurrency Trading: MT5 allows intraday swing trading or position trading. A new hedging feature enables scalping as well.
- One-Click Trading: MT5 simplifies the process of opening a new position with a single click.
- More Technical Analysis Tools: MT5 includes additional technical tools, which provide options to choose from over 21 timeframes for charting and nine additional techniques for chart structuring.
- Clear Segregation: MT5 allows segregation between the terms of order, position, and transaction.
- Optimised Strategy Tester: Improved testing capabilities for expert advisors and detailed presentation of results.
- Improved EAs: Integrated MQL Forex market product tabs for EAs.
- Economic Calendar: Traders can now stay up-to-date on economic events, data, and indicators in real time, every hour, for market monitoring.
Learn how to start trading on MT5
Trading on MT5 Supports All Order Types
MT5 trading software gives traders the ease of achieving their trading objectives, regardless whether they are looking for request, instant, exchange, or market execution. With the MT5 trading platform you can place any type of trade order, including pending, market, stop, and trailing stop orders:
- Market Orders: For instant execution, trade orders can be immediately completed on the consent of traders or brokers. There are two types of market orders on MT5.
- Pending Orders: Orders can be executed in the future, as soon as the market situation agrees with the specified conditions. There are six pending orders available.
- Stop Orders: Can be used with both market and pending orders to minimise losses and lock in profits. There are two stop orders on MT5.
- Trailing Stop: Stop-losses can be trailed to follow the current price. If the price moves in the opposite direction, the stop-loss levels are changed.
MetaTrader 5 runs on all major devices
MetaTrader 5 is available as a web platform that’s compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. MT5 can also be accessed from a smartphone or tablet, whether it has an iOS or Android operating system. Trade anytime and anywhere, and have access to trading information 24 hours a day, even while you’re traveling or on vacation. It is super easy to download and install the terminal on any compatible device.How to install MT5 on Mobile
How to install MT5 on Desktop
MetaTrader 5 Сharting Tools for Technical Analysis
MT5 has 44 analytical objects, including Gann, Fibonacci retracements, Elliott Tools, Geometric Shapes, and more. Apply objects on charts manually, set calculation parameters, and customize the appearance of graphical objects according to your taste.How to perform technical analysis of the Forex market
Choose from the most popular technical indicators that are unique to MetaTrader 5: Trend Oscillators, Volume Indicators, and Bill Williams’ Tools. Add indicators to the price charts or use as separate sub-windows with individual scales of value. You can also overlap indicators on one chart for better control. Moreover, whenever you feel you need more indicators for your specific trading strategies, you can access the Market and Code Base to download additional indicators for the MetaTrader 5 trading platform. Developers can access MetaEditor to build customised indicators for the platform.How to use Autochartist MetaTrader plugin
Fundamental Analysis on MT5
Macroeconomic Indicators/Economic Calendar
The MetaTrader 5 Economic Calendar is where important macroeconomic indicators can be viewed in real time, in order to forecast price trends. The calendar features both current and past weeks’ events, while also publishing upcoming events. All indicators come with release time, priority, and previous values. There is color coding to demonstrate the difference in expected values and actual values of the indicators.
The indicators can be viewed on the ‘Calendar’ tab of the Toolbox window. To add indicators to the charts, simply click on ‘Add All Events’ in the calendar menu.Learn more about Macroeconomic indicators
Chart Types Include:
Sequence of bars
Identify trends and support or resistance levels for price forecasts with MetaTrader 5 charts. Enable trading robots to see changes in currencies, indices, and other security quotes.
- Trend: A basic technique in technical analysis. Helps identify the direction of market movement, with the two major market trends being uptrend and downtrend.
- Support and Resistance: Allows you to see directions to open a position, and gives an indication of potential profit (or loss).
The MetaTrader 5 trading platform offers numerous templates and profiles to enable traders to change the colour schemes and analytical objects applied on the chart. MT5 has 21 timeframes for all financial instruments, and provides more than 80 popular analytical tools, as well as the ability to construct charts based on other indicators’ data. You can also add analytical objects directly to a symbol price chart, and last but not least, MetaTrader 5 supports you with an unlimited number of additional analytical tools to monitor the price fluctuations of multiple currencies.
Algorithmic/Automated Trading on MT5
Algorithmic/Automated Trading on MT5
Developed using programming language MQL5, MetaTrader 5 allows Black Box Programming, which makes it a viable choice for developers and users of trading robots. Trading robots are applications used for trade account management. They analyse quotes from financial instruments allowing traders to execute the most profitable trades. Thousands of these indicators can be downloaded for free on the MQL5 code base.Test Strategies and Robots on Demo Account
In-Built Strategy Tester
In-Built Strategy Tester
The Strategy Tester helps to test the performance of trading robots and find the best input parameters before executing EAs on real accounts. The entire process is based on the historical quotes of currencies and other financial products, for which there are several testing modes.How to start trading in four easy steps
In-built strategy tester features
- Optimisation: One trading robot can be tested multiple times, using different sets of parameters to choose the best set of inputs.
- MQL5 Cloud Platform: Enables the addition of other computers to accelerate the process of testing.
- Graphical Display of Results: testing results are shown in figures and a great amount of statistical data is also made available, including profit/loss percentage, expected payoffs, etc. There are options for 2D and 3D tools for visual analysis of results of optimisation.
- Forward Testing: Divides the database of currency and indices for optimisation into two separate parts.
- Multi-Currency: Allows for testing on multiple currencies, to analyse and identify the correlation between different pairs.
Forex Robots for Scalping
Forex Robots for Scalping
Forex robots are ideal helpers when you need to evolve your scalping techniques and stop making manual decisions. Once you open numerous short-term orders, the most important thing is to close the orders with proper timing. That is where robots come in, providing accuracy in Forex and CFD trading. For instance, the EAs are programmed to monitor fluctuations in various currencies and automatically enter and exit market orders once your predetermined trading indicators are reached.
MetaTrader 5 scalping allows you to turn many small profit opportunities into a big one. This is also a good risk management strategy, since it does not involve taking on big risks in the hope of huge profits, though do bear in mind that robots do make mistakes, and any questions regarding those errors must be sent to the developer of the EA in question.Learn more about CFD Trading
Test FREE MetaTrader 4 Demo Account Before Jumping on MetaTrader 5
Opening a MetaTrader 4 Demo account is the best way for a new trader to check out the platform, get familiar with the tools and learn trading techniques. The account works like a live account, except that it allows you to trade with virtual money rather than real money. Once you feel confident with trading, you can migrate to MetaTrader 5 to get access to even more features.
OctaFX Demo Champion Contest
In order to make your learning process with OctaFX more engaging we suggest to train on MetaTrader 4 Demo account to win real money. Register for OctaFX’s long standing Forex Demo Contest, which has a $1,000 prize fund and lasts for a month. To participate in this contest, simply register for a new Demo account. There are prizes of $500, $300, and $100 for the first, second, and third positions, respectively. All possible trading strategies and EAs can be used in this contest.Enroll in $500 Demo Contest
Trading Cryptocurrency on MetaTrader 5
Trade digital currency on MT5 with a few simple steps:
- Right-click on ‘Market Watch’ and select the ‘Symbols’ tab.
- Select ‘Crypto’ from the list of assets.
- Click against the symbols and then click ‘Show’ to include pairing to the Market Watch window. The pair will be ready for trading.
|Execution||No delays||0$||1 sec delay||-150$|
|Swap||No swaps||0$||2 pips||-60$|
|Spread||0.5 pips||-15$||2.7 pips||-81$|
|Slippage||No slippage||0$||-5 pips||-150$|
|Order profit||30 pips||+900$||30 pips||900$|
OctaFX MetaTrader 5 Features
At OctaFX, we strive to offer the best trading conditions. The focus is on making trading easy and more profitable for traders.
- Built-in Real Time Market News
- Lowest Spreads in the Industry: Starting as low as 0.4 pips
- Wide range of instruments: 28 currency pairs, 4 metals, 10 indices, 4 energies, and 3 cryptocurrencies
- Low Cost: No commissions, but markup
- Volume Calculation in units
- Volume options: Minimum of 0.01 lot size, unlimited maximum
- High leverage: Up to 1:200 for currencies, 1:100 for metals and energies, 1:50 for indices, 1:2 for cryptocurrencies
- High precision: 5 digits
- Signals Trading
- Bonus Deposits: Get up to 50% bonus on each deposit
- Low MT5 Minimum Deposit Requirement: Start trading with as little as $50